Grifﬁths & Johnson Ltd was founded in November 1959 by Messrs Grifﬁths & Johnson who were both Press Tool Makers. Their premises were in Coliett Street, Oldham where the company site operates from.
Some years later they purchased the Press Shop from Barcrest, a fruit machine making company, as they decided to outsource supply. The company continues as a Press Tool making and Press workshop today with presses up to 100 tonne.
In September 1992, Moyra and John Matterson purchased the business from the retiring owners and have developed the business into a two site operation, acquiring new customers, e.g. JCB, Martech and Crane Payment Solutions along with buying up various businesses along the way.
Such as Thos. Sampson Ltd, Bradfern Ltd and WM Rigby Sheet Metal Ltd.
The company is well positioned, with the recent purchase of a Laser Cutter and Powder Coating Facility to be a truly ‘One Stop” Manufacturing base in the North of England.
First Internet 11th March 2016